19 January 2007

isn't it ironic

i have that alanis morisette song in my head. i feel a like i am living a life something like what she describes in a song. which is not exactly 'ironic' in the true sense of the word but more like a weird, awkward, neither lucky or unlucky, middle land where stuff happens that you dont agree with or prefer but must deal with none the less.

i'm going back to my project, aka iraq, on monday. i only hope that the next two months go by very smoothly and quickly even though i know they wont. i'm disappointed that i'm not going somewhere new. returning to the old. but i know in some respects its a good place to go back to. and hopefully it'll work out for the best. i'm stuck here for a reason or something, at least thats what my parents keep telling me as i call them to whine about my situation and beg them for answers they can't give me. argh. oh well.

its friday night and though i'm wearing my house uniform of sweats and a hoodie, i do plan on going out tonight. either a reunion of work folks in fenway or a masshole party somewhere in the 'burbs. rachael tried to coax me into her friends party by saying that danny from the real world might be there. i dont know if that makes me want to go more or less. and hiking in to fenway is not so arduous but its not a guarantee of fun just lots of drinking co-workers which might lead to fun or just a sick ride home. don't know.

tomorrow will be busy. i need to rest so that i can party the night away with... work people. of course. i'm sure it will be funny/fun with the slide show and gag awards. and i did spend most of oprah today adding songs to the playlist for the event. made sure that thriller and since u been gone made the cut. all the small things too. wow. i didnt notice til i typed it right now. thats like three of my most favorite songs from the '80s, '90s, and '00s right there. says a lot about me, my top 40 picks. i sure am weird, that's what it says. i also put in peggy sue, jail house rock and smack that. some for the oldies and something for the kids. :p. i hope they dont know what songs i pick cos i think some, like smack that, may be slightly inappropriate but awesome none the less. and i want to see work people dance to smack that, please.

i love my car cos it goes fast and drives nicely, especially around quick turns i decide to make at the last moment. only i also hate my car cos its all scratched and sometimes makes weird noises that embarrass me when driving down the street. i want a new car. only i dont know if i want new new or a used car. which would be a smarter investment/purchase. argh. i wish i didnt have to have a car at all. yeah. that! would be great. dangit. made myself mad about situation1 all over again. poop.

i like that my frequent use of 'poop' as a sentiment has now encouraged a number of my friends to also reference 'poop' in our IM conversations. its kinda great.

No comments: