03 July 2007

the latest

i always stay up wicked late before a long trip. between packing and nerves and my generally masterful skills of procrastination, i can spend well into 3am wandering around my room throwing things into my luggage.

and so it goes this time.

ellen and i are leaving for a little vacay in south beach. yes, it's summer everywhere and who spends july in south florida... whatever. it's a break from boston and work and general responsibilities. i'm looking forward to it. sitting on the beach reading or strolling through the streets shopping - i'm sure it will all be great.

my gram and aunt will be down in the area as well so it will be nice to squeeze in some family time. haven't seen either since april. ahhh. long distance families can come together sometime.

back to tonight. i've spent the majority of my afternoon and evening wasting time. i packed and unpacked my suitcase at least three times, consulting my roomates on what to take and what to leave, giving and watching mini fashion shows throughout. i watched an episode of skins, transferred my latest downloads to my mp3 player, showered, stared at the tele for a while, listened to some music while staring at the ceiling, and overall doing nothing productive.

i'm itching to watch the final episode of series one of skins because i've gotten this far and its gotten so weird... but i really should be sleeping instead. so i will. ep9 will just have to wait until next week... i'm such a loser.

but tomorrow- i'll be a loser on the beach!

No comments: