27 July 2007

facebookin'

the news feed updates on facebook really crack me up. all kinds of random updates on people you may or may not be actual friends with. knowing the latest relationship status of someone i haven't talked to in 4 years, finding out a college roomate's new favorite movie... and today's best:

XXXXXX added "My Chemical Romance" to his favorite music.

HAHA. anyone over the age of 14 declaring for all to see that 'my chemical romance' is your favorite music is kinda random. the fact that the person who just made this update is a slightly nerdy kid from college makes this update even funnier. he is totally NOT being ironic with this pick.

truth be told, i make embarrassing and dorky updates to my facebook profile as well. but usually, i at least try to hide them - i always click the little 'x' to remove my actions from showing up in the news feed. no one really needs to know that i added girl talk to my favorite music or removed signs from my favorite movies. really. if they cared, they'll stalk my profile, right? haha.

oh web 2.0, how fun you are.

this whole post is dorky and exposes my ongoing love of facebook. apologies. instead of announcing my nerdy tendencies on facebook i like to expose them here. whatevs, right?

No comments: