17 December 2007

someone at the faa hates me

the travel gods truly like to screw around with me.

on thursday i managed to grab a seat a mid-day flight out of logan and after a layover in denver (?) i made it home to san antonio. it only took 12 hours but i never had to shovel any snow.

yesterday i visited three airports, sat on two planes, and only flew on one. apparently due to cancellations and skeevy plane maintenance, there were no airline seats out of san antonio until tuesday (dang international conferences. tourists taking up my space!) so the majority of my afternoon was spent driving eastward on 1-10 in the back of my uncle's volvo. to bush int'l. where i got on a plane, watched diggnation, listened to e.v.r., fell asleep to ratatouile, and woke up to sit on the tarmac at logan for 45 min before being allowed to de-plane.

i got into bed around 2am and woke up at 620 to my building's fire alarm blaring. no smoke so i went back to sleep for 45 minutes and then had to get up and come to work. greatttt weekend.

seriously? i spent 24 hours over the weekend TRAVELINGGGG. why do things like this happen to me? i have can't say i have the worst travel luck ever, cos i usually get where i'm going - eventually. it's just only after i've been messed around with for a bit. airports and airlines and fate all like to play little jokes with me. poopers.

----

also, my mum and bro were icky sick all weekend and now i think i'm coming down with something. i'm supposed to be invincible! think i'm going to vit-C overdose now. it's my cure-all. :) prob shouldn't wander around icy boston too much either... but i have stuff to doooooo! man. x-mas overdrive, commence.

No comments: